The Eye Center is re-opening on Monday, May 18!
The safety and health of our patients and staff are our highest priority. The Eye Center is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 while delivering the eye care you need. We are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure your safe return to our office.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment:
- We will be screening all patients by:
- Asking questions over the phone and at the time of your visit
- Taking your temperature as you enter our office.
- In accordance with Montgomery County directive, our staff will be wearing masks and gloves. We also request that you wear a face mask or covering for your visit.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use as you enter our office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for your use as needed.
- We will be following recommended office and medical equipment cleaning routines including thoroughly disinfecting frequently touched surfaces.
- In order to continue to deliver safe ophthalmology care, we will be limiting the number of persons in the office at one time in order to adhere to the CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Caregivers and family members accompanying our patients will be asked to wait outside the office except for those who need physical assistance or language translation.
- We have also established a Frame Selection Safety Protocol:
- We ask you to refrain from touching any eyeglass frames without the assistance of our opticians.
- All eyeglass frames that have been tried by each patient will be disinfected properly.
Alternatively, we will continue to offer virtual visits (telemedicine) for those who want eye care remotely.
For additional information, please refer to The Eye Center’s response to COVID-19 — Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on our website.
We look forward to seeing you soon at The Eye Center. Please contact us today to schedule your next appointment.